Thread: Cannot Start / Stop services in Windows Server 2000 SP4

Cannot Start / Stop services in Windows Server 2000 SP4

I am facing a bit issue while starting or stopping a service in Windows 2000. I am not sure what problem actually lies in that, but somehow the server is not quiet working well. I had tried to remove backup exec in my system. The uninstaller is not working. I want to clean my tape drive and reconfigure a fresh backup from scratch. I also want to stop my internet service so that I can perform the process in easier way without getting any error. But Windows 2000 is not at all responding on the same. What should I do now to fix the issue.

I am on the same thing. I started the cleaning process from scratch. I am getting a dcom timeout error. I thought everything is working fine, and there would not be any problem with the system. I had applied a number of patches and updates but still nothing worked. Windows 2000 has some issue with cleaning process. I am also having a backup drive configured on the network and assume that it will work properly.

re: Cannot Start / Stop services in Windows Server 2000 SP4

Go on control panel and look for component services. If you are not able to make changes then try to login in admin account. If the existing admin account fails to give you proper response then better start with creating a new account, and assign all privileges to it. Then reconfigure the services with that. I am sure it is going to work well. Try to disable the DCOM and see that there is any kind of effect or not. Another thing that you do is try checking for all drivers that must be updated and working fine.

For COM+ errors I can provide you some resources that will help you to troubleshoot the problem. I am looking for some option by which I can simply install and uninstall the services. That will be more helpful. And for those who are dealing with COM+ errors I think the below resources are much better and will offer you more solution on the same.
    How to troubleshoot error 1928 "Error registering COM+ application"
    Handling Errors in COM+

Dave Patrick Guest
    I am bit doubtful about the links that can help here much. It basically looks different compared to the problem that we are facing. But somehow thanks for the response. It will surely help others to provide more different kind of solutions. The default admin account offers you to start and stop windows services and if that is limited then this does not work. Second I found a thread which posted information on same issue. The solution was about expired Java Security certificate for those who are using APC Powechute software.

Greetings from the USA-
    We just found an issue relating to this and would like to thank everyone for the information. It saved me hours of beating my head against the wall ;)

Thanks again!