Thread: The description for Event ID ( 5790 ) in Source ( NETLOGON ) cannot be found

The description for Event ID ( 5790 ) in Source ( NETLOGON ) cannot be found

I am facing problem with Windows 2000 server. The error is related to some netlogon. The detailed error in mentioned in the title. I think some recent registry changes has genreated the error. There is a message about missing dll files. I cannot access my system also. I need some help to fix the as soon as I can or else there would be some other major issue also. Thanks.

I found a link that will provide you a proper information on your error. I am not able to understand exactly what you are looking for. Because the error that you mentioned appear when you try to connect to your system through remote desktop. I hope this would be a proper guess. As you had mentioned that you are not able to access your system, does that mean that you fail to login in your system or through remote desktop.

Windows 2000-based clients connect only to the domain controller that was upgraded from Windows NT 4.0 in a mixed-mode domain

Re: The description for Event ID ( 5790 ) in Source ( NETLOGON ) cannot be found

I get the following error, and cannot find anything on it on the web.
    Event Id 1003 plz help me solve problem

Re: The description for Event ID ( 5790 ) in Source ( NETLOGON ) cannot be found

Quote Originally Posted by AliMT View Post
    I get the following error, and cannot find anything on it on the web.
    Event Id 1003 plz help me solve problem
    The event id error that you have mentioned is a symptom of server hardware error, usually it is a RAM problem. You can try to test your ram at memtest.org, if you have 2 sticks, then remove and test each stick individually. Note that, this test consumes too many hours of time so, keep it on test at night period.