Thread: Want to upgrade my w2k pro desktop pc

Want to upgrade my w2k pro desktop pc

My w2k pro has lost its desktop. This is a tower system. Might it be cost-effective to upgrading and if yes, to what or might it be economical to dispose of it. I am desired to upgrade my windows 2000 k desktop pc. Need some advice and suggestion regarding the above topic.

Re: Want to upgrade my w2k pro desktop pc

It depends on what the apparatus presently has (hardware-wise), what it determine to hold up, and what you as an alternative to do through it. You do not give several specs on the apparatus CPU, RAM, etc. So there's not actually an answer. If the system originally came through Win2000 then the answer is with the intention of it is not upgradable to several practical degree.

I had just recently did an additional annual reformat/reload OS on my spare apparatus. Similar annual ritual. At present it hangs up when starting and blue progress bars sits half way for 2 or so minutes previous to going the entire the method in excess off and apparatus start. I have encompassed SP4, the modt recent drivers for vid, mouse etc. No programs installed yet till I acquire this fixed. By mo means did this previous to. Did you install the MBoard chipset drivers.

It is, particularly for Windows 2000 users. This is for the reason that, at its heart, Windows XP is basically Windows 2000 commencing from side to side an innovative task-based user interface, improved submission and hardware compatibility, and additional diminutive characteristics. Throughout the development of Windows 2000, Microsoft did the entire the hard work of creating the NT 4.0 upgrade as seamless as possible, and this work is carried in excess of for Windows XP.

A cautionary note, on the other hand. Unlike the 9x/Me upgrading, the NT/200 does not present several uninstallation capableness, so it is a one method street, on an occasion you begin the upgrading, the merely method back to your preceding OS is to wipe out the hard drive and reinstall commencing from scratch. Not happening at the same time, Microsoft presents a tool with the intention of does just this, the Files and Settings Transfer Wizard.