Thread: Cannot configure Remote Desktop on Windows 2003 Server

Cannot configure Remote Desktop on Windows 2003 Server

I am using Windows 2003 Server. I am not able to setup remote desktop connection with that. It has stopped working suddenly. I am also using Wireshark on my system and I am bit doubtful that it is causing the issue. The wireshare uses tcp port 3389 to scan the traffic. I am thinking of rebuilding each and everything once again, but not really sure that it is going to work or not. I found a number of different troubleshooting options but yet they are no intact.

Try to restart the same and then see. I am sure there is some problem. Go in services and verify that the remote desktop connection is active or not. If not then you will not be able to setup a appropriate connection. The failure will be common. There is no other way to fix the issue. Disabling security application is good for testing but you cannot reply on that completely.

re: Cannot configure Remote Desktop on Windows 2003 Server

Disable the firewall and then try back. I think you must disable wireshark and then check once again that it is accepting the connection or not. You have to manually add the remote connection under a exception list or else you might not able to connect.

It is getting blocked. You said that you are using Wireshark. It is a kind of network monitoring utility which allows you to scan and monitor traffic internally. Try to check port status which is used by Remote Setup. If you are getting active response then the port is open or else it is not going to work.

re: Cannot configure Remote Desktop on Windows 2003 Server

I had this same problem and it didn't make sense. I unchecked the "Enable Remote Desktop on this computer" box and clicked Apply. Then I checked it and clicked Apply again. It worked!