Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Microsoft confirms external storage support coming to the Xbox One soon

Web News & Trends

Old 05-04-2014

Microsoft confirms external storage support coming to the Xbox One soon

Larry Hryb of Microsoft has recently stated that the Xbox One will benefit very soon with a support for external storage media in a future update of the console.

Since their launch in November 2013, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One gaming console does not allow you to connect an external hard drive to receive a greater storage capacity. However, Microsoft plans to provide a solution to this soon.

Last year, the American manufacturer had said that if the internal hard drive of the console is irreplaceable, the ability to connect an external solution via two USB 3.0 ports was possible.

Xbox One

Speaking via Reddit, Larry "Major Nelson" Hryb said that "external storage for games are coming soon ... I need to check the support of the media." Asked about the limitation of storage, including 32 GB for Xbox 360, Hryb said "When I have details I'll let you know."

For now, the date of the update bringing this functionality has not yet been revealed.

TechArena Community > ARENA > Web News & Trends
Tags: , , ,