Thread: PlaceRaider a new android malware designed to steal ones environment secretly

PlaceRaider a new android malware designed to steal ones environment secretly

PlaceRaider is a new Android smartphone malware designed by US Naval Surface Warfare Center for recording ones environment secretly and reconstructing it into a 3D virtual model. The gathered data by PlaceRaider is uploaded on a central server , it’s a new variant of malware under virtual threats and it is capable of affecting all versions of Android 2.3 Gingebread and above. It can give necessary access and permissions to hackers for controlling infected camera. One won’t even come to know when infected camera starts capturing images of their environment as phone’s shutter sound gets off. PlaceRaider uploads captured images to central server and creates 3D representation of one’s room or office by gathering them all. It has the ability of identifying victim’s financial data, credit card statements, bar codes, QR codes, etc.

One doesn’t have to worry about it for now as it has been created in a joint research project between school of Informatics and Computing at US Naval Surface Warfare Center but then chances of some hacker getting hold of it can be a big threat.

Re: PlaceRaider a new android malware designed to steal ones environment secretly

Yes it can really be a big threat if any hackers get crack out access to the central server where 3D representation gets stored. I just want to know if you are quite sure that we don't have to worry about this for now?? I mean i am having Samsung galaxy y and i access internet everyday so are there any chances of them PlaceRaider my phone???

Re: PlaceRaider a new android malware designed to steal ones environment secretly

Guys you can get more information of PlaceRaider from this pdf, i have gone through it and it explains working and execution of PlaceRaider in quite detail. Just go through it ones and you will surely get better idea of it.