Thread: HCL ME TABLET Y2 3G Tablet released for Rs.14,999.00

HCL ME TABLET Y2 3G Tablet released for Rs.14,999.00

After MyEdu Tab, HCL releases its first 3G tablet for rs.14,999.00. This new 3G sim based tablet offer you 7" screen with a simple 2MP Front VGA Camera. HCL has already delivered some performance tabs in past which offered quiet better features. Now coming a bit higher, HCL offered a new product with 8GB internal storage memory. Dealing with upcoming competition the tablet offers you similar features and yet no attractive outlook. At the price range of Rs.10,000 to Rs.15,000 there are ample of tablets which features a bit higher screen size and additional GPU to handle the video processing. Ignoring the same HCL ME Tablet Y2 has worked over 3G Sim slot which is a prime need today. Only iBerry has a tablet that offer 3G Sim slot. Another thing that matters is reception quality which can only be determined when tested. HCL added a higher camera potential this time. Many tables in the same price range lack a good camera quality, but yet 2MP is not impressive. To meet the video calling need, there is another 0.3MP camera on the front side. Talking about the budget tablets, Me Tablet Y2 comes a bit overpriced tag. The specification provides wifi connectivity, bluetooth support, and 4000mAh battery power. Loaded with Android ICS the table deals to give better performance using 1Ghz Cortex A9 mobile processor. For graphics support HCL added a 400 Mali video processor also. Somehow the tablet lies on the platform of overpriced budget pc. But as HCL is one of the most trusted brand in market, we can expect to have a reliable product compared to other. The tablet design features simple white body, with quick navigation keys on the below side. Connections are well placed on the side. The updated ICS version allows you to have a smoother interface with quiet good battery life. You can surf through 3G connectivity which gives internet on ease. Still tablets that are coming at the said price range does not have sim slot. The only additional stuff on th tablet added is ME App Store to get some inhouse apps.

With the launch of 3G tablet there would be a bit pressure on other manufacturer to create able with sim slot connectivity. The tablet in my views does not really come under a budge series. While I was expecting to have a 10" screen on the same atleast. But the product provided by HCL are normally a worth device. The Tablet is on sale on HCL store. If compare some other brand under the budget of Rs.20000 then we have Google Nexus, Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Lenovo iDeaPad K1. All this tablets come between Rs.15,000 to Rs. 20,000. The features and specification are similar with some difference only. Like Google Nexus offers you JellyBean a new enhanced operating system while Galaxy Tab 2 offer you 8 to 16GB internal storage and 3.2MP camera. And iDeaPad offer you 5MP camera and 2MP on front with LED flash. Normally it lies on user decision what he wants to buy. Today we have a Google Nexus and Kindle Fire as two powerful strong competitors stand at the price range. Now its normally your choice what you want to buy.

Specification :
    • Android OS, v4.0.3 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    • Cortex A9 (1Ghz processor)
    • 3G - HSDPA 3.6 Mbps DL (SIM Slot)
    • GPU - Mali 400 Multimedia Processing
    • Camera - Front - 0.3 Megapixel, Rear - 2.0 Megapixel
    • 1GB DDR3 RAM & 8GB Internal Flash Memory, Expandable upto 32GB by Micro SD card
    • 7.0" Screen offering 1024*600 pixel WSVGA, IPS Panel
    • 4000mAh Li-Polymer Battery
    • mini HDMI port & Bluetooth with A2DP with USB support. 802.11 b/g/n Wifi connection

Re: HCL ME TABLET Y2 3G Tablet released for Rs.14,999.00

I was too hoping to get 10" screen. But one thing I had notice that HCL products are too good. They are value for money devices compared to china brands we have in market. Somehow the last para made me think. If you are spending around Rs.15K for tablet, then we have Google Nexus also. It is a costlier device, but yet another value for money product.