Thread: Windows 8 Final (RTM) releasing on October 26

Windows 8 Final (RTM) releasing on October 26

So finally Microsoft has announced the launch date of its next-generation operating system Windows 8. According to the announcement made by Microsoft President of Windows division Steven Sinofsky on Windows Blog, Windows 8 Final version will be launched on 26th October 2012. It will be available in 109 languages worldwide. According to the sources, Windows 8 will support various devices such as Desktop PCs, laptops, tablet PCs and both touch and stylus-based smartphones.

There are also some promotional packages for Windows users such as if you are already using Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 then you can upgrade to Windows 8 at the cost of just $39.99 by downloading the same from Microsoft Servers (offcourse). Whereas if want to get it from retail outlet then it will cost you $69.99. The offer will last upto 31st January, 2013. One thing user need to note here is that Windows 8 will be only available for upgrade. There is no OEM version.

Few manufacturers have already started making Windows 8 powered gadgets. Intel already announced that there 140 Ultrabooks laptops and 20 tablets running on Windows 8 are already in process that will be launched sometime during the launch of OS. People may need to wait for Surface tablets as it is being said that Surface tabs will hit the market when Windows 8 OS will became publicly available.

Re: Windows 8 Final (RTM) releasing on October 26

Thanks for the info friend. That was really a good news that not just Windows 7 users but XP and Vista users also will be able to upgrade to Windows 8 just for about $40. I should say Thanks to Microsoft for such a great offer. Now as they have mentioned that we need to upgrade our systems to Windows 8 (no OEM), can you guys let us know the upgrading procedure ? Thanks in advance.

That's really a good news and I have a question... I already have Beta version installed and do I need to make any changes like upgrade again the full version or any procedures needs to be done???

sorry for the dump question...curious to know that!!

Quote Originally Posted by bond19 View Post
    That's really a good news and I have a question... I already have Beta version installed and do I need to make any changes like upgrade again the full version or any procedures needs to be done???

sorry for the dump question...curious to know that!!
    No, its not a dumb question, its something people should really know.

As it is already mentioned that Windows 8 will only be available for UPGRADING, so when you go to windows.com site for upgrading to windows 8 (obvious on or after 26th Oct) you will come through a tool called "Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant". This tool will automatically check your system compatibility and assists you step by step through out the process. It will also let you know what you need to do before and after upgrading the OS.

Quote Originally Posted by maq.h View Post
    No, its not a dumb question, its something people should really know.

As it is already mentioned that Windows 8 will only be available for UPGRADING, so when you go to windows.com site for upgrading to windows 8 (obvious on or after 26th Oct) you will come through a tool called "Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant". This tool will automatically check your system compatibility and assists you step by step through out the process. It will also let you know what you need to do before and after upgrading the OS.
    Thank you for the answer and what about the users using Windows 7..do they need to upgrade from the Win 8 upgrade utility as well? One of my friend using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit os now

Quote Originally Posted by bond19 View Post
    Thank you for the answer and what about the users using Windows 7..do they need to upgrade from the Win 8 upgrade utility as well? One of my friend using Windows 7 ultimate 32 bit os now
    Yes, people who have windows 7 installed on their machine can easily install windows 8 via their upgrade utility and since windows 8 now has a web installer that does the checks before installing, they can simply download the windows 8 upgrade assitant from here, to test the new OS on your machine. Hope that helps you out.