Thread: Yahoo Voice Hacked with 400000 + Passwords posted online

Yahoo Voice Hacked with 400000 + Passwords posted online

Hackers have published more than 453,000 users data and accounts of Yahoo Voice services.

According to information published by Ars Technica, 453,000 user accounts of Yahoo Voice services has been published online. By visiting a subdomain belonging to the firm and then using the method of SQL Injection, they would have discovered more information belonging to customer service. They then posted their findings on the site D33Ds Company.

They also added that they have prepared this initiative to "make it accountable for those who have involved in the safety of this subdomain. So this is a wake-up signal and not a threat. There have been publications in the past for data fault that caused Yahoo to damage more than our publication. Do not take them lightly. The name of the subdomain and the parameters that we have made ​​for this attack were not published so as not to cause you harm."

Security officials said that the service would actually be referred to Yahoo Voice (VoIP). Like Skype, it can call a contact with a fixed or mobile phone. The service also allows free calls from station to station after installing Yahoo Messenger. This tool is available in the U.S. but also in France, Germany and Spain.

Re: Yahoo Voice Hacked with 400000 + Passwords posted online

The group of hackers, according to a statement made on mashable, also said: “Growth begins when we begin to accept our own weakness.” Well, to me it looks like someone from inside hacked this service in order to realize the yahoo's downfall, but here, the main question comes into mind, what weakness are we talking here in relation with yahoo?