Thread: Sony Unveils new Xperia P and Xperia U Android Mobiles.

Sony Unveils new Xperia P and Xperia U Android Mobiles.

Sony introduced 2 new Android based smartphones at MWC, named Sont Xperia P and Sony Xperia U. Both of these devices have dual-core processors as it was in previous Xperia series. They also feature Android 2.3 Gingerbread at present but are upgradable to Android 4.0 ICS soon later. Specs for both devices are as follows:

Xperia P:

• 4inch Reality Display with powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine.
    • WhiteMagic display technology for an ultra-bright and power efficient viewing experience.
    • 1 GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance with 16GB flash storage.
    • 8MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images.
    • Easy HDMI and DLNA connectivity to share content on any screen.
    • NFC (Near Field Communications) enabled to access a growing range of NFC applications and services as well as Xperia SmartTags.
    • Available in a choice of silver, black and red, all with an aluminium unibody.

Xperia U:

• 3.5inch Reality Display powered by Mobile BRAVIA Engine.
    • 1 GHz dual-core processor for super fast performance.
    • 5MP camera with unique fast capture, HD recording and Sony technology to capture 2D and 3D panoramic images.
    • Crisp and loud listening with xLoud and 3D surround sound audio technology.
    • Available in a choice of white or black, with pink and yellow exchangeable caps for the base of the smartphone in the box.

Both Xperia P and Xperia U will be launched by Second Quarter of 2012. Price is yet to be released.

Re: Sony Unveils new Xperia P and Xperia U Android Mobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Maq.h View Post
    Both Xperia P and Xperia U will be launched by Second Quarter of 2012. Price is yet to be released.
    Am planning to buy any one of these devices (currently using Xperia Neo). I know the devices are launched last month in India as well but can you please suggest whether they are worth buying or not ? Also let me know the prices of this week.

Re: Sony Unveils new Xperia P and Xperia U Android Mobiles.

As per the specifications mentioned above, yes they are worth. Also if we analyze, all Xperia Series launched in 2012 are worth buying. They are not like the ones launched in 2011 with speaker and mic problems. you can buy any one of them, both are good, but personally i may suggest you to go with Xperia U. because i have used for about 10 minutes and i really loved it.

As per prices, Xperia U is available for 15, 499/- and Xperia P is available for 22,699/- today.