Thread: Google reduces its indexing speed to 60% for SOPA Protest

Google reduces its indexing speed to 60% for SOPA Protest

Google entered in the league of SOPA protesters. Wikipedia blacked out for 24hrs and major domains stand against the bill. Google now announced that is going top black outs its doodle to show the protest against SOPA. This act is going to effect major communities and www by collapsing many sites. Even worst can happen. Still those who support free knowledge on web are against the act and it does not shows any effect on the bill. Aggression among users is still intact. It is found that many are not with the bill and wanted it to be lay off. Google by reducing its crawling speed to 60% has ensured that it does not put any major impacts of website rankings, but just a initiative to stand against the bill. Google a another giant stand against SOPA and hope that this should bring some result. It is widely said by researches that this will collapse the world wide web, and surely a major interest will be affected.

On the other SOPA is considered good for many. The answer lies in future. SOPA ensure halt on piracy and to some extent this can be good. Under SOPA websites who are distributing or hosting pirated links will have to face US jurisdiction. The one just happened with MEGAUPLOAD. The US Justic Dept will communicate with the ISP to blocks those website and do not allow them to collect trafic. Even search engines are not allowed to include them in the search result. Along with the payment gateway are also needed to boycott this kind of websites.

Re: Google reduces its indexing speed to 60% for SOPA Protest

This is surely something good when Google stands against it. I hope there should be some kind of modification as this is not a good news for developing countries. But this piracy people will surely not keep quiet. I think the era of pirated dvd and cd will be back soon which was greatly hampered by file sharing over the network. How does that will be stopped. To get of piracy completely is not really a easy job. Everyone individually will need to stand against it and support the cause.

Well I am unsure why google is protesting so much for SOPA and PIPA, I think Google is major source of Web Piracy...

This is surely something good when Google stands against it. I hope there should be some kind of modification as this is not a good news for developing countries. But this piracy people will surely not keep quiet. I think the era of pirated dvd and cd will be back soon which was greatly hampered by file sharing over the network. How does that will be stopped. To get of piracy completely is not really a easy job. Everyone individually will need to stand against it and support the cause.
    So you mean to say that we will again have to buy cd's for watching movies and will have to wait for them till they get available in the market, sounds foolish at least for the leading generation.