Thread: Airtel Network down again Since morning across Mumbai

Airtel Network down again Since morning across Mumbai

Once again Airtel network down across Mumbai today since morning. Not sure but i heard that this Network Outage is due to Fire again Bharti Office, Interface, Malad. Not sure, could be rumour as well. But it is sure that Aritel users will face Network Outage for the new few hours (or few days) as i got this tweet from Airtel:

Many users can see Full network signal on their mobile devices but still they are not able to call from their Aritel Mobile. Lets see how long this Network Outage is going to continue.

Re: Airtel Network down again Since morning across Mumbai

Good share buddy, that what i was thinking why am not able to make out going calls from my mobile. There is Network outage for sure, but you are right, there is no any such fire in Bharti Office, Malad. Today morning i passed from that area. Might be some other reason for this.

Heard that a fire had broken out at Bharti Office at Mindspace, Malad Maybe that's the cause.

Yes, it was Suprising to me as well, i mean that i was working in night shift at my office and we are having a Airtel internet connection there, so after 3am the net went down and we were asked to leave.

Yes, i realize it on my mobile phone. When i try to make calls using airtel sim card, i found that no networks on it. Today morning, i comes at chincholi bandar, malad, mumbai and immediately my airtel networks is gone away. While, i never faced such problems for last one month.

The office in which i work also have Airtel lease line it is a 2 Mbps line and it is down from 3.00 am today that time my team leader tried customer service number to check why the internet was not working, but the numbers which we were trying was 1800 102 001/5 all this number were not valid and the new number 1800 102 2244 that some times it showed as engage and sometime it showed not valid number.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.nil View Post
    Heard that a fire had broken out at Bharti Office at Mindspace, Malad Maybe that's the cause.
    Nope, i work nearby Mindpsace (Intelenet). My shift ended today morning @ 6. i dint found any such thing around there. There could be some technical issues as they had mentioned in their tweet. Lets hope for the good, as all airtel mobile networks and internet/broadband are stopped completely.

I am also facing the problem with the Airtel internet at home and i am facing the problem from morning and i was thinking that it might be the problem with the internet line of mine, but when i read the post then i came to know that there is problem with the Airtel all over the India, thanks for sharing the information and hope that the problem will be solved as soon as possible.

I suddenly started facing issue related to my internet. For the mobile, I thought it is because of low coverage in my area, as it was the regular issue. Now my internet is not at all working. I tried calling the customer care and I receive a invalid number message. Is there is any other way to contact them and set a complain. Till what time this issue will remain. Do anyone has any more information on this.

Bharti Airtel did have a fire outage at one of their DC. Fire is in control now and they are trying to get things up and operational. Hoping the services to be restored soon. Seems like they have already started the restoration process.

Official Airtel response -

A technical outage has affected our network in the western region resulting in disruption of some services. We are working towards rectifying the outage at the earliest. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to our customers. - Airtel spokesperson

Statement from Bharti Airtel: “There was a network outage in the Western region this morning as a result of a fire in our central POP (point of presence) location in Malad, Mumbai. Our teams have been working since morning to normalise all affected services. Mobile voice, Blackberry and SMS services have largely been restored and are stabilizing. We are working towards restoring 2G & 3G data services later tonight. However, for the Enterprise services like IPLC, Leased lines, MPLS and Internet services, the restoration work is in progress and these services are likely to be restored in the next 24 hours. We deeply regret the inconvenience caused to our customers.”