Thread: iPhone 4S battery drains quickly, worst battery performance

iPhone 4S battery drains quickly, worst battery performance

Anyone who heard the news about the iPhone 4S? The Guardian reports that a few iPhone owners are being contacted by Apple 4S , later than complaining regarding the recital battery below that predictable on the company's support Web site . Many users are saying their phones are just last a few hours, even with least use, and immobilized with the power of drainage features. At least one owner told The Guardian that an Apple engineer contacted him and present instructions for the installation of a diagnostic file would be sent back to the company for analysis. This was later than saying that Quick Draw was a known trouble.

Apple did not at once react to a request for comment on the stuff. The iPhone 4S launched two weeks before in the U.S., Canada, the U.K. and lots of other countries, and is expanding to 22 added countries this weekend. It boasts an additional hour of 3G talk time evaluated with the iPhone 4, while coming in at 100 hours less of standby time, depends on Apple's own testing. Our own iPhone 4S battery testing with a model on Sprint's network deferred 9.2 hours of talk time on the carrier's 3G EV-DO Rev. A network, coming in as the sturdiest iPhone battery test to date.

The phone persists the trend set by earlier iterations, sealing the inside of the battery to facilitate superior use of space. As a side effect, users can not exchange with another battery, as the majority other phones allow. A disassembly of the iPhone 4S earlier this month by iFixit revealed that the battery in the 4S is a bit more powerful than the iPhone 4, but not by much. Users can get an extra juice Whrs 0.05 compared to the battery that the iPhone 4. The big difference, of course, is that the iPhone 4S sports dual-core A5 processor .

Re: iPhone 4S battery drains quickly, worst battery performance

My experience has been Wi-Fi off when not in range of a WiFi network that uses the telephone, has helped me. It seems that if there is WiFi AP to talk to, and if the 3G signal is low, the phone heats up very fast and quickly runs out of battery.

Having it in an Apple store, but who will replace him on the spot. There were 4 million iPhone’s sold in the first 3 days, probably another 10 million since then. If it were "a lot" of users, we would see a lot of users with the problem, as in the millions, rather than have the few sites in Apple who has saying a bad lot more likely, take him back, get a new one.

In fact, not one, but a lot of iPhone users are calling it 4S. But I love the title back. I shudder to think what would have led if the Galaxy Nexus has battery issues "Galaxy Nexus phones destroys life." But here is a tone that conveys "do not worry about Apple at the top of it."

Nexus do not think a Galaxy would have no care at all. There Droids for many out there who do not get coverage anywhere. Kind of like driving a Kia. They are out there, but who cares or even notices. My iPhone 4S is actually getting better battery life of my iPhone 4 friends. Why not read about the things you have, and leave us poor sheep to our misery.

I guess battery power is a difficult problem for almost any smartphone. When I first used my iPhone 4S I was so happy and excited.. but now I am also experiencing this battery problem to my iPhone 4S.

The iPhone 4S sold numerous units on pre-orders and will continue to sell quickly. As with all brand new products, however, the 4S is facing a few bugs and bumps in the road. Some are pointing to possible coding bugs in iPhone 4S apps that could be draining the battery easily and completely.

morgan-cherlesa Guest

I have an iPhone 4S on AT&T. The battery on standby is increadably bad. It drains between 5 and 15 percent per hour! I am not running any apps in the backround and I have experimented with turning down the screen brightness, turning off 3G, location services and Siri all to no avail. Settings are the same as my 4. No bluetooth, Wi-Fi, or anything like that. I have no idea what is causing this, and I am having to bring my charger to school! It drains very fast, and I would really like to get it solved! My iPhone 4 was much better! The phone isnt even used hardly at all during the day. It also gets very hot when I charge it, something that my 4 did not do. Any ideas?

t-tunie Guest

The iPhone (pronounced /ˈaɪfoʊn/ eye-fohn) is a line of Internet and multimedia-enabled smartphones marketed by Apple Inc. The first iPhone was unveiled by Apple's then-CEO Steve Jobs on January 9, 2007,[1] and released on June 29, 2007. The 5th generation iPhone, the iPhone 4S, was announced on October 4, 2011, and released on October 14, 2011, two days after the release of iOS 5.0, the Apple operating system for handheld devices.

An iPhone can function as a video camera (video recording was not a standard feature until the iPhone 3GS was released), a camera phone, a portable media player, and an Internet client with email and web browsing capabilities, can send texts and receive visual voicemail, and has both Wi-Fi and 3G connectivity. The user interface is built around the device's multi-touch screen, including a virtual keyboard rather than a physical one. Third-party as well as Apple application software is available from the App Store, which launched in mid-2008 and now has over 500,000[2] "apps" approved by Apple. These apps have diverse functions, including games, reference, GPS navigation, social networking, security and advertising for television shows, films, and celebrities