Thread: Download Firefox Aurora, Firefox Nightly and Firefox Beta

Download Firefox Aurora, Firefox Nightly and Firefox Beta

Mozilla has came out with some really different idea for Firefox to compete with Google Chrome. This is just like adding some more to the current web browser competition. But you will really expect the difference. As part of Mozilla's new strategy to the main motive is to accelerate the time to get new versions. Mozilla has set up some of the new version of its browser. They are :

Firefox Aurora : Amazing build by Firefox which accelerates the surf speed with an shiny theme. This one can be a part of Firefox 6.

Firefox Nightly : This is just for testing purpose. You can download and test it.

Firefox Beta : This is the latest version Firefox which is not yet named. The download is free for testing and after all predictions a final version will be derived out of it.

Some Key Features :
    • This new builds allows you to enjoy a larger number of themes and extensions. You can visually modify your browser without hampering the performance.
    • Find As You Type support on the web browser to make your work more faster.
    • Simple Privacy control methods.
    • Better management of Popup control to keep away those unwanted ads from your screen.
    • The enhanced tab browsing mode. This allows you a much faster and stable browsing under single window. You can open many pages at a time and group them in animated form. There is an button at the top right which indicated grouping of tab.
    • Google Search integrated on the browser.

Without thinking much about the stability of a beta version, this browsers can be preliminary version which may contain some bugs that worsen the navigation, but if you follow the steps above Aurora Firefox which came out between the release of Firefox 4 and the Firefox 5 this would be a pretty stable browser with a number of enhanced features. The biggest problem of Aurora is that you lose the support of the accessories you have installed Firefox.

Download Firefox Beta

The Firefox Sync Feature :

I am not sure, but first time I saw this in Aurora. This is something really new for me. Here you can sync your browser settings (password, bookmarks, preferences, history, tabs) on Firefox or custom servers. So from wherever you login on Firefox Sync (Tools > Options > Sync) you get all your settings and bookmarks without important. That is really more helpful.

Here is steps how to enable Sync :

Click on Aurora Button > Options (Tools > Options )

Go to Sync and then click on Setup Firefox Sync

In the next window there are two options. The first is to create new account. Second option allows you to sync with old account. You can use the second account to sync when you are accessing Firefox from any other place.

Add your mail addresses and a password. You can use Firefox server or any custom server of your choice. Remember that i will keep an copy of your passwords and other private information. So that is upto your choice. Add your detilas and then click on next.

After adding your details click on Next and it will provide you an Sync Key. Keep it safe. This key is very essential to access your Sync Server. You can keep a copy in html format or print it. Provide the captcha code for final step.

Group Your Tabs :

See the screenshot below which offers you grouping your tags. You can create a group of tabs, name them and then save it. The preferences can be got stored which can also be access via Sync. The best feature of this feature is that, in a group you can creates multiple tabs and in that way save multiple groups. That means you can in a \single window save more than tab divided in separate groups. Very awesome feature.

The sync sync server keeps an track of your preferences. When you change your bookmark the sync server updates the same. There is an added support for : text-overflow: ellipsis. There are many stability issues fixed here.

Re: Download Firefox Aurora, Firefox Nightly and Firefox Beta

What is new here :

Here is somewhat highlights that I found in Firefox new builds. Still the new version is not yet derived out of them. But there is an drastic improvement in the speed of browsing. The memory usage is much lower than what you find in the current version. I had before upgraded from 3 point version to 4 point something. But 4 was much slower and freezes and older one works fine. But in Aurora I am much more impressed.