Thread: BBM chat embedded in work and play apps by RIM

BBM chat embedded in work and play apps by RIM

RIM people have introduced a new service by which all the blackberry users can use the popular instant messaging tool BBM along with their applications in their Blackberry phones. The main feature of this is that it will allow all the blackberry users to discuss the news as well as play games together. Now this feature is mainly introduced seeing the new services introduced by the Apple and Google. Also BlackBerry App World is trying to bring up some more applications with the help of the independent developers. Now in the total estimated figures it is said that around 45 million people use BBM and their main purpose is to send messages or pictures and all. Well developers are saying that it will require some 3 lines of code so that the updated BBM tool gets activated. Still there is some time for this service to get activated. Blackberry had to introduce some new changes in their service because its competitors like Google, Facebook and apple are already coming up with the new services. The android service is such a big hit. Plus facebook has around half a billion users. Apple also is coming with the iMessage tool which is quite similar to the BBM. So RIM had to bring in something new and hence RIM got the social gaming company Scoreloop in June to help it develop Messenger and allow more communication in existing mobile games.

Re: BBM chat embedded in work and play apps by RIM

Ok that's a good news given by you all. So thanks for informing me about the same. Well surely BBM will be giving a good competition to all the other users. So i think that is a good strategy adapted by the RIM people about the same issue and that is worth considering. so lets see how this new feature works out well with the other users. This is what i want to say here.

Re: BBM chat embedded in work and play apps by RIM

Well what i am saying is that if they are planning to introduce this service in all the applications. why are they not introducing any new feature that can compete with the other service providers like apple and the android which are slowly becoming their closest competitors. So thats what my question. However it was nice that you implemented that feature. Keep me updated as if when it is coming.