Thread: Story Wheel game for the iPhone and iPad Released

ThumbsUp Story Wheel game for the iPhone and iPad Released

A new education game for the iPhone and iPad was recently released called "Story Wheel". It is an interactive game that helps kids build their imagination as they create new stories. Player spin the story wheel and land on an image, they then have 30 seconds to record a portion of a story that is built upon by the other players. At the end of the game, you can play back your story while you enjoy the beautifully animated images.

Best of all, it is free and available on the app store.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/id437068725

Here are some images:

And a video can be found here.

http://youtu.be/4Nsr0xjCEpA

abishek Guest

Re: Story Wheel game for the iPhone and iPad Released

Is this game Story Wheel free for the iphone and ipad or are paid ones? Is it not released for the ipod touch device? I have both iphone and ipod touch and the ipod touch is used by my liltle brother so I was hoping that if this game is available for the ipod touch device then I could really get him the same which will make him very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by abishek View Post
    Is this game Story Wheel free for the iphone and ipad or are paid ones? Is it not released for the ipod touch device? I have both iphone and ipod touch and the ipod touch is used by my liltle brother so I was hoping that if this game is available for the ipod touch device then I could really get him the same which will make him very happy.
    Hi abishek,

It is free and comes with one theme of images called 'Story Teller' to tell stories with. If you like the game, there are other themes that you can purchase for $0.99 each. Right now there are two extra themes that you can purchase: 'Knights & Princesses' and 'Pirates'. Very soon we will launch a 'Space' theme as well.

I do not have a iPod Touch, but I believe all iPhone apps will work with the iPod Touch. It's free so go ahead and try. Let me know if you run into any trouble.

Andy

When will you be getting more themes? And what will they be?

Hi iPlayer,

We have our next theme 'Space' ready to go, but it has to go through apple's approval process. You will likely see an update for Story Wheel in about 2 weeks. After that, we have a bunch of themes lined up and would like to see them come out every couple of weeks. Here is what we have planned. It would be good feedback to hear from you as to what you would like best:

- Nursery Rhymes
    - Farm
    - Futuristic
    - Under Water
    - Back to school
    - Summer vacation

Which do you like, or what else would you like to see?

Sounds great - I like the free "Story Teller" theme, think the Space theme will be a hit for the young fellas.

How about a wild west theme?

My kids and I have been playing this game! What a great way to spend an evening. I can see Story Wheel being a great friend during the winter months as well. Any Holiday apps planned?

Yes, we are planning for the usual, like Halloween, Christmas, Easter, etc. We are also planning some seasonal themes like back to school, winter fun, etc. We would really like to hear from users as to what themes they would like to see.