Thread: Call of Duty: Black Ops was the most pirated game of 2010

Call of Duty: Black Ops was the most pirated game of 2010

A torrent Site has published a list of most pirated games this year and appears Call of Duty: Black Ops as the title has the dubious honor of being in the first place. Some 4.27 million copies downloaded in PC, and about 930 000 on Xbox 360 will have become the most pirated game of the year, and is also a title that gets the series for the second consecutive year and in 2009 was Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 who held this position with 4.1 million downloads.

Super Mario Galaxy 2 on Wii also occupies a prominent place in the ranking with nearly one and half million downloads, followed by Dante's Inferno, which occupies the highest position on the Xbox 360 with 1.28 million downloads.

Piracy is a good way to gauge the interest of a game before checkout. This excuse, as we have often heard, but something tells me it is rather just the same. I mean, knowing that a game costs on average around sixty euros and we find no legal provision on the web, it is understandable that some people prefer to go through the underground networks before releasing their card blue. Common sense.

In short, it is certain that this is the ranking of the most pirated games of 2010, by console:

The most pirated games in 2010 on PC
    • Black Ops Call of Duty.
    • Battlefield Bad Company 2.
    • Mafia 2.
    • Mass Effect 2.
    • Starcraft 2.

The most pirated games on the Wii in 2010

• Super Mario Galaxy 2.
    • Wii Party.
    • Donkey Kong Country Returns.
    • Kirbys Epic Yarn.
    • Red Steel 2.

The most pirated games on Xbox 360 in 2010

• Dante's Inferno.
    • Alan Wake.
    • Dead Red Redemption.
    • Halo Reach.
    • Black Ops Call of Duty.

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops was the most pirated game of 2010

That is really a bad news for the company. This games are really pirated and can be harmful for the sellers. But don't you think piracy in some ways helps this games to become popular. I am not sure and I am also not saying that this is true, but just a guess. Games like Counter Strike which comes for an commercial version also are mostly downloaded from Torrent which is indirectly making them super famous. An very expensive kind of indirect advertisement.