| || |
| || |
Join Date: May 2008
Oracle buys Secerno for Database Security
Oracle buys Secerno development including firewall databases. The amount of the transaction was not disclosed.
Each month there has been a redemption for Oracle. After acquiring the compatriot Phase Forward, software specialist pharmaceutical data management in April for 685 million dollars, the publisher announced on Friday the acquisition of Secerno. Real time
This time, the leader in software is growing in security, for an undisclosed fee. Secerno, an English firm, produces firewall (DataWall) for databases. At stake, control and access to data, a strategic area at a time when businesses are increasingly subject to legal constraints in this area.
The solution blocks unauthorized events in real-time processes in critical systems. It is based on R & D of computer lab at the University of Oxford.
It will complement an already well-supplied catalog: Oracle Advanced Security, Oracle Database Vault Audit Vault Oracle and.
The acquisition should be finalized before the end of June. News Facts
- Oracle has agreed to acquire Secerno, a provider of database firewall solutions for Oracle and non-Oracle databases.
- Organizations require a comprehensive security solution which includes database firewall functionality to prevent sophisticated attacks from reaching databases.
- Secerno’s solution adds a critical defensive layer of security around databases, which blocks unauthorized activity in real-time.
- Secerno’s products are expected to augment Oracle’s industry-leading portfolio of database security solutions, including Oracle Advanced Security, Oracle Database Vault and Oracle Audit Vault to further ensure data privacy, protect against threats, and enable regulatory compliance.
- The combination of Oracle and Secerno underscores Oracle’s commitment to provide customers with the most comprehensive and advanced security offering that helps reduce the costs and complexity of securing their information throughout the enterprise.
- The transaction is expected to close before end of June 2010. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.