Apple Unveils iPhone 3.0 firmware
iPhone 3.0 firmware has just be previewed, and I must say, it definitely got us interested. Apart from running background apps, it features almost all of the features we were hoping the iPhone 3.0 firmware will come with and then some for the 2G iPod Touch as well. Here’s a quick rundown of the new features and apps it will come with:
• Cut, copy and paste
• MMS with message forwarding and deleting of multiple messages
• Bluetooth stereo A2DP
• New Spotlight feature for universal search on the iPhone/iPod Touch
• New Voice Memos app
• Revised Stocks app that features news stories and supports landscape view
• Calendar now supports CalDAV and subscriptions in the .ics format
• Landscape view for Mail, Text and Notes
• Note syncing to Mac and PC
• Parental controls for TV shows, movies and App Store apps
• Auto-login for WiFi hotspots
• Shake the shuffle iPod playback
• Phishing protection
• Form auto-fill
• YouTube account support
• Bluetooth on the 2G iPod touch
They’ve also included some new features developers can take advantage of when creating and/or updating their apps. Here’s what future apps can boast of:
• Push functionality
• Peer-to-peer Bluetooth connectivity for gaming and info-swapping.
• Paid apps can be subscription fee-based, and include option to buy content directly from inside the app.
• New apps can use Google Maps, and make turn-by-turn available apps for the phone.
• Developers can integrate hardware accessory support via Bluetooth or dock for their apps
• Streaming video and audio can be included in apps as well as in-game voice use
The iPhone 3.0 SDK is already available, and we’re pretty sure it won’t take long before the iPhone Dev Team gets their hands on one and start working on an appropraite jailbreak to crack this baby. This new firmware is also compatible with 1G iPhones though MMS and A2DP won’t be available as a result of hardware limitation. iPod Touch owners who want to avail of this new firmware will have to cough up $9.95 to update to iPhone 3.0.
From the way it looks, it almost seems perfect, but I know you folks out there probably still have a little nitpicking here and there. So let’s get the ball rolling on this one; what do you think is lacking in iPhone 3.0 firmware or don’t you like about it?
Gears Of War 2 preview
Re: Apple Unveils iPhone 3.0 firmware
I bet the copy / paste and push notification are already there, but Apple will not take time for MMS because it preferred to push email, with MobileMe preference.
Grand Theft Auto 4 PC Video Game
|Tags: apple, firmware, iphone, iphone 30 firmware|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Apple Unveils iPhone 3.0 firmware"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|How to Convert HD videos TS,MTS,M2TS to Apple iPod Touch, iPhone, Apple TV or mp4 On||Daniel.S||Windows Software||8||22-06-2010 11:57 AM|
|Apple Unveils iWork 09||mauricio||Technology & Internet||3||07-01-2009 10:23 AM|
|Apple releases firmware 2.2 for iPhone and iPod Touch||Paxton||Portable Devices||3||22-11-2008 06:14 PM|
|Apple Unveils 24-inch LED Cinema Display for New MacBook Family||rich3||Portable Devices||2||15-10-2008 06:33 PM|
|Apple iphone fever - People are Crazy for apple iphone||Amol21||Off Topic Chat||1||12-08-2008 06:28 PM|