Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Install Hangs for x64 Windows Server 2008 and Vista SP1 on ICH9R R

Vista Setup and Install

Old 19-06-2008

I have tried installing Windows Server 2008 x64 and windows Vista SP1 on my system but installation process is getting hanged while booting from DVD, it is getting stuck on a black screen with small green progress bar saying "Windows is loading file..." I have tried using Load Driver option but that did not helped. My system drives are configured with ICH9R RAID10, i am not sure if that's causing any issue. Anyways if anyone can help me with any solution then it will be very helpful.

Old 30-10-2008

"RAID+IDE" mode

If possible try setting SATA controller to "RAID+IDE" mode rather than what you might have set currently for installation purpose and check out if installation goes fine after that. If not then you can try using Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows Vista SP1 and Windows Server 2008. I dont think that this issue issue is getting caused because your drives are configured with ICH9R RAID10.
Old 30-10-2008

You can check out Agilent has mentioned but if you dont get any help from that then you can try using vLite utility for vista slip-streaming SP2 along with adding optional drivers. I haven't used it my self but i have come across some people using the same and mentioning that it has helped them out in similar cases, best of luck.
Old 27-04-2010

Yes Agilent is right, this issue is not because of having drives configured with ICH9R RAID10, i had faced similar issue with Sil 3124 Raid Control chipset. I had not tried using mentioned Automated Installation Kit (AIK) but i had used vLite utility for vista slip-streaming SP2 along with adding optional drivers to carry out the installation without any hangs and errors. Like Agilent has mentioned set SATA controller to "RAID+IDE" mode or just IDE while carrying out Installation. If you have any issue further or if you face any error further then make a note of it and post it here for further help.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , , , ,