Thread: This PC is not supported by the System Recovery Disks.

This PC is not supported by the System Recovery Disks.

I have got a HP Pavilion dv9200 CTO Notebook which is running on Windows Vista. I have been getting blue screen whenever I am trying to burn any DVDs on it from a very long time. When asked HP then they were out of any answers. Actually, I found out that it was an overheating problem since when I set a small fan near the laptop then it didnt blue screen at all. So, after that I installed Zone Alarm but at 20% of installation, I again got a totally different blue screen error that was saying something about a corrupt device driver or so. So I restarted the computer but I was getting the blue screen error continuously after that. Anyhow I managed to get into safe mode and then backed up all the files and then inserted Vista recovery discs and started to do a total recovery but then I got the following message "This PC is not supported by the System Recovery Disks. You will not be able to continue to recover this system from these discs." After that I clicked OK and then the system restarted and again I got stuck in the blue screen loop. Now I am out of ideas what next to do, so if anyone knows any solution then please share it with me. Thank you

Re: This PC is not supported by the System Recovery Disks.

Incase if you have not removed the recovery parition from your notebook then you will be able to recover to factory setup, follow the method for same, given in this link - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...1603#RecoverOS

Thanks for the reply but it is still not working for me. Actually, I followed the same thing and it didnt work before so I wiped off everything from my notebook after the intial attempt to recover Windows Vista.

Re: This PC is not supported by the System Recovery Disks.

Well, since you have already wiped the recovery partition from your HP notebook and also HP is also not helping you, then you will have to obtain a generic Vista DVD or Windows XP CD. Here I say generic because recovery media from other systems will not work in your case and because they are BIOS locked, you are out of luck actually.