Thread: Product Key on bottom of Laptop faded ! help

Product Key on bottom of Laptop faded ! help

Today i have noticed that the Vista Product Key on bottom of my Laptop has got erased. It hasn't got erased completely but i am not able to make out some letters. I have tried out the possible combination hat i could have but i am not able to get it working. I wanted to know if there is a way by which i can get back product key from anywhere for free? i am not willing to pay for it so i cant ask Microsoft for providing the key as they'll surely ask me to pay for it.

If you haven't reinstalled vista or any other operating system then pre-installed operating system then you can go through the below article and check out if you can get back your Vista Product Key with mentioned workarounds.
    How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware

If you want then you can try using Belarc Advisor for getting it back, I haven't used it but i have come across some people who have used it to get back their operating system product key in similar situation.

Product key of operating system is required if one has not created restore disks or has lost OEM installation media. So what's your case? if you want it for restoring you laptop then i will suggest you to order recovery disks directly from the manufacturer. You wont have to use any key for recovery disk and you can get it by paying $20-$30.

Hey you can try using KeyFinder Pro 2007 for finding out the Product Key it can be used for below operating system:
    • Windows Vista
    • Windows Server 2008 & 2003
    • Windows XP
    • Windows 2000
    • Windows 98
    • Windows NT

i have the same problem except i did not reinstall anything. i never put the product key in and now that i need it, i cant read it. i dont know what OEM is and i dont know what to do. help?

windows vista Tm activation key

The laptop was xp and we changed it to vista ultimate we've used it for some time and now need activation. help