Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

How To Change Os Language From French To English

Vista Setup and Install

Old 12-05-2008

How To Change Os Language From French To English

I have got a Sony Vaio laptop that came preinstalled with Windows Vista but its language interface is in French, since I have purchased it from france and therefore they have given me a laptop with their native language only and it doesnt even have Office suite as well. In any case, can anyone tell me how to change the vista french interface language that is from the start button, programs and then menus to english language? Thanks

Old 12-05-2008

I think that you might have bought an English language version of Windows Vista. But in anycase if you have Vista Ultimate or Enterprise version then you will be able to purchase and install the English language version of Windows Vista. Actually, the MUI which is often referred as Multilingual User Interface packs are only available for Windows Vista Enterprise and Windows Vista Ultimate.
Old 15-10-2009

You could try to do the below things:
  1. First of all you can try to upgrade to Vista Ultimate by using Anytime Upgrade, and then you can try to install the english language pack.
  2. Or else you can even try to buy a full version copy of Vista Home in english and install it cleanly.
Old 22-11-2012

Re: How To Change Os Language From French To English

Have you tried to change the Windows Vista Display Language by following the below method:
  1. Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Clock, Language, and Region / Change the display language
  2. Switch the display language in the Choose a display language drop down menu.
  3. Click OK
  4. Restart for the changes to take effect (this will affect only the user profile under which you are currently logged on).

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , , , ,