Thread: Computer shut off during installation, errors

Computer shut off during installation, errors

I was trying to install Windows Vista on new desktop. I started the installation, everything was going good but just before the end of installation process, my PC got shutdown automatically. I don’t know why, there was no power cut, no cable fault, nothing. When I started the computer again and ran the installation, instead of starting the setup, windows gives me an error message stating:

“The computer restarted unexpectedly or has encountered an unexpected error. Windows installation cannot proceed. To install Windows, click OK to restart your computer and then restart installation.”

Now the problem is no matter how many time I started this computer, it get stuck every time with this error only. What can I do?

Did you get any error code when starting computer?

i am having the same exact problem, and no it did not give an error code

i fixed it, u have to do a memory diagnostic then it will bring u to the desktop and if u w8 a while than u go to install and click on the drive and erase the installation and retry

RE: Computer shut off during installation, errors

Even I’m struggling with similar situation. Even I get the same error whenever try running Vista setup. As troubleshooting, I tried changing my hardware combination. While doing all these things one thing I came to know is it appears like Vista don’t like or have some problem with my Mobo and RAM combination. I have posted query about this on my manufacturers forums and waiting for their reply. I’ll revert back here with their suggestion.

How do you get to the memory diagnostic? Not able to get there in my case. It is a brand new laptop that never finished the initial install.

Halt the install at the 2nd phase, press shift+F8 and follow the instructions.