Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Connecting my new Dell Vista Laptop to my wireless router

Vista Setup and Install

Old 12-03-2008

Connecting my new Dell Vista Laptop to my wireless router

I am using a Belkin Wifi router on my system. There are around 3 different computers connected on the home network. I had protected it with powerful security. I just purchased a new system which comes with Windows Vista. It is a Dell laptop. The issue is, it is not able to locate my network. All the 3 computers are able to find the network, but the laptop fails. The network is not at all visible in it. Any idea on that will be more helpful.

Old 13-03-2008

It looks the laptop has no permission to access the router. Go in your router and for once just disable your wifi settings. Then again scan in your Vista laptop. I hope you would be able to find the same. If that is not found then your system wifi is either turned off or it might be having some kind of problem in detecting the network. You must call Dell support for help on the same. There can be a hardware fault also.
Old 21-03-2008

You have to add the computer on the local group in your network. You can find that information on your other working computers. If your system is on some other group then it might fail to connect. Second in network sharing center you can simply find the network and then choose to connect it by adding the credentials.
Old 09-08-2009

Re: Connecting my new Dell Vista Laptop to my wireless router

Though this is an old feed, it had an excellent Tip and the last one worked wonderfully! Thanks!

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , , , ,