| || |
| || |
Join Date: Sep 2005
Try out below solution and see if you are getting it back.
- First Back up your Registry by creating a restore point then Go to Start > Run, type "regedit" without quotes and click on OK.
- Once you get new window opened check out for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\TrayNotify and delete the values IconStreams and PastIconsStream.
- Once you have done that open Task Manager > go to Processes tab > select explorer.exe and kill it by clicking on End Process.
- Now open Applications tab > click on "New Task" type explorer.exe in message box that pops up and click on OK.
- Explorer.exe should now get reloaded and y should get all missing icons in system-tray
- If at all you dont see volume bar then go to task-bar properties and checkmark it from there, just make sure that you are saving the changes before exiting window.