Thread: Vista NVIDIA Graphics Driver problem

Vista NVIDIA Graphics Driver problem

This is Vista Home Basic system running with Nvidia graphic card. Since day one when I installed this card, I keep getting an error message saying like this:

The following troubleshooting steps might prevent the problem from recurring.

1. Download and install an updated version of NVIDIA Graphics Driver fromone of the following locations:
    Microsoft Update
    NVIDIA Corporation

2. If an updated driver is not available for NVIDIA Graphics Driver, check with your computer manufacturer.

3. If you are running the latest version of NVIDIA Graphics Driver, contact NVIDIA Corporation for your support options
    I did exactly as mentioned in that message. First I try to get the driver from Windows update, also downloaded the same from Nvidia’s official website but no help. I use to get that message yet. Late I contacted Nvidia guys and they game a plug-in in rar file for download named “srlproxy.dll.gz.” But the problem now is I don’t have any idea what to do with this plugin. I have unrared it but what now?

Any help please?

Re: Vista NVIDIA Graphics Driver problem

I don’t know what kind of file is that and why do you need that. Because if the error is about just a adriver, you can simply get it from their official website. Click on drivers download, select your card model, operating system, etc and download the drivers. Its simple. This is the link for same http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.

By the way, can you tell me what is there in that rar file? I mean what file extension?