Thread: Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

I am running Windows Vista on Sony Vaio laptop and if I am trying to install anything or check dependencies of services then I am getting the following error "Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation". To reinstall the Windows from the CD, I dont have any disk because this laptop came preinstalled with Windows Vista. Is there anything else I can try to sort out this thing? Thanks.

RE: Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

I also want to add that although the sound device is working as it shows but the sound service is not able to start and I dont have any sound suddenly. Also, the internet icon shows that I am not connected to the internet anymore but I am able to surf the net? Whats going on with the laptop?

Re: Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

Do the following and see if that helps:
    1. First click on Start
    2. After that in the Search box type cmd and then right click on it and then choose the option to "Run as admin".
    3. After that when the command prompt opens, type the below letters
    4. sfc /scannow
    5. After that you can try to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista cbs.log by going to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928228
    6. Lastly you have to run checkdisk - schedule it to run at next start and then Apply OK your way out then restart.

Re: Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this opera

You can also check for Time-out errors that occur in Volume Shadow Copy service writers, and shadow copies are lost during backup and during times when there are high levels of input/output, just go to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826936

Re: Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this opera

I have tried the above solution but that doesnt seems to be working for me. Also when I right click on my computer and then go to its properties to check the System Information then it says that the processor and ram information is not available? This is really a weird kind of problem.

Re: Win 32: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation

If nothing is working for you then you can try to do a System Restore and go back to a time when everything was working fine. To do that, Open System Restore by clicking the Start button, clicking All Programs, clicking Accessories, clicking System Tools, and then clicking System Restore.* If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.