Thread: How to change language to English please

How to change language to English please

I have been living outskirt of my country for a while and have bought a new HP notebook that came with Windows Vista preinstalled on it. Now the problem in this notebook if that the language is french and I have even tried to change to it to English (Anglais) but still it is not working for me. I also made a standard user account with admin rights and all but still the language will stay French. So can anyone tell me how do I change the display language to English instead of French? Thanks for any help.

RE: How to change language to English please

I think that incase if you have Vista Home Premium version, then you wont be able to change the language to english or french or whatever other languages. This was the same case in Windows XP home where you cannot change anything. So, the only way left for is to buy Vista Ultimate version or else buy a new Vista Home Premium notebook in English or else upgrade the Operating System.

Re: How to change language to English please

Even I agree that there are certain version of Windows Vista that come with language packs that can be also downloaded from the net or from the official Microsoft website and thus can be installed on the system.

Re: How to change language to English please

I think that you will be able to add language support but am afraid that you will not be able to change the installation language unless you upgrade to Ultimate version and then download and install the English language pack or else you will have to buy an English version of Vista OS and then you can install it cleanly.