Thread: How long does it take to load vista???

How long does it take to load vista???

I am trying to install Windows Vista 64 bit on my computer that was having Windows XP installed. This is a new build with Amd 6400 CPU, Abit An-m2 mobo, 2gb ram, 8800gt video card, etc. When trying to install Vista, I found out that the load process seems to be locking up. At the time when I loaded it then it was just hanging on the 0% in expanding files and then second time it hanged on 20% and was taking 45 minutes at a time. So, is there any other ways I can install Windows Vista on this gaming rig? Thanks

RE: How long does it take to load vista???

Did you check by installing the same copy of Windows Vista on some other computer and was it successfully installing? If not then it could be a problem with the Vista Dvd itself but if it is not the problem then you need to check the dvd drive in your computer. Try taking out one stick of ram at a time and see if the installation of the operating system can be done because it could be possible that there might be some incompatibility issues with the hardware.

It could be possible that you must have a Sata hard drive and therefore you will need to install its driver first on your computer. The problem that you are facing can occur only on a computer that uses a Serial Advanced Technology Attachment (SATA) device that is operating in Advanced Host Controller Interface (AHCI) mode. This problem does not occur if the SATA device uses SATA Combined mode or Parallel Advanced Technology Attachment (PATA) mode. For more information visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931369