Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrade

Vista Setup and Install

Old 28-01-2008

Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrade

I was previously having Vista Home basic which I have recently upgraded to Vista Ultimate. I am also having a Dopos 810 smartphone with me which was recognized in the Sync Center before the upgrade was done and also Mobile Device Center was able to connect and Sync without any issues. But after the upgrade if I opne my Sync Center then the phone is not recognized and whenever I open the Mobile Device Center then I get the following error message that says "Windows Mobile Device Center has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop workg correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available". Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Old 28-01-2008

RE: Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrade

Even I have a Windows Mobile 5 Pocket PC Phone that used to work properly in Windows XP and Outlook to sync email, contact, etc. After that when I upgraded to Vista Business, I can only sync with the mp3's using windows media player and even I have got 4gb mini Sd card in the phone which is not syncing. I am still researching on this problem and hope that someone comes up with a solution.
Old 31-01-2008

RE: Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrad

I have got this issue fixed, what I did was I uninstalled Mobile Device Center and then reinstalled it again and everything seems to be syncing now without any problems. Hope this will help out someone who is facing same problem.
Old 01-04-2008

RE: Problem with Sync Center and Mobile Device Center after upgrad

Even I believe that the Mobile Device Center stops working when we Upgrade from different operating system and after when I did a repair of Mobile Device Center then the problem has gone on my Windows Vista with Service Pack 1. Thanks for notifying about the solution.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , ,