Hi, I have a newly assembled computer specially for Vista but it is not allowing me to install the OS. Whenever I isnert Vista DVD and run the Setup, sometimes I get an error message just after a minute of the RAM beep saying “boot manager is missing or corrupt” and sometimes it reaches until Vista Setup screen and says this:
“Windows cannot access the required file D:/Sources/Install.wim. Make sure all files required for installation are available and restart the application. Error code 0x800701E7”
I have tried running the setup more than 10 times so far and that ends up with any of these error messages. I don’t think there is any system requirement problem because my configuration is as follows:
- Gigabyte GA-X38-DS4 775 with a 2.44ghz quad core,
- 4 gb of RAM (DDR2 PC2-8500),
- Creative X-Fi Fatality sound card,
- GeForce 8600 (512mb) video card,
- WD 1.0 Terabyte HD, WD 500gb HD,
- Asus DVD-ROM,
- WriteMaster DVD Multi Drive.
Any idea what is there causing this problem? Please help.