Thread: Vista installation, continuous reboot

Vista installation, continuous reboot

I am trying to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows Vista but the installation of Vista is not working at all. The setup normally starts and all checks are done and files are copied but after a restart for the first time, it starts another reboot of the machine and then the BIOS messages are seen and then the computer restarts again. So therefore I tried to do a fresh installation of Vista by booting from DVD but the results are same. I have an Asus motherboard with Intel D950 processor and have 2 hard drives. Is there anyone who can help me out. Thanks

RE: Vista installation, continuous reboot

Even I am also facing this similar kind of issues. I hav also seen that on many different motherboards many users are facing same kind of issues but there is nobody that have come up with a solution for this problem. Is there any microsoft technician who can help us out to solve this problem?

Re: Vista installation, continuous reboot

Well, have you tried to perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program. You can try to start your computer by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. This kind of startup is known as a "clean boot." This article also provides information that you can use to o troubleshoot application or service conflicts. For more information, visit this website - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/331796

Re: Vista installation, continuous reboot

You can also try to use the Bootrec.exe tool in the Windows Recovery Environment to troubleshoot and repair startup issues in Windows. When you are troubleshooting startup issues by using the Windows RE, you should first try the Startup Repair option in the System Recovery Options dialog box. If the Startup Repair option does not resolve the issue, or if you must troubleshoot more steps manually, use the Bootrec.exe tool. You can follow the steps given here - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/927392