Thread: My Vista Can Boot Anymore! Not At All - Safe Mode Not Working :-/

My Vista Can Boot Anymore! Not At All - Safe Mode Not Working :-/

I have recently updated my Windows Vista opearting system and when it was installed I rebooted the machine and after that I am getting black screen with some choices and if I chose any one of them then none will work. I dont have the Vista installation CD and I am running on linux right now and I am on a laptop by the way. When I choose safe mode then also I am not able to get back in Windows. Can anyone tell me how do I boot to the OS? Thanks

Re: My Vista Can Boot Anymore! Not At All - Safe Mode Not Working :-/

You can try to create a system repair disc, by following the below method:
    1. Open Backup and Restore by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Backup and Restore.
    2. In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

After that try to repair your system with the Vista repair disc and see if that helps.

You can also buy a new disk drive and then replace your old disk drive. After that when new system is up and running then you can put the old drive back in the system and maybe get the files you need from the same drive, I used to do this with an external USB drive and it worked properly for me. Also, you should try to backup your drives on a regular basis.

You can also download a KNOPPIX which is a bootable Live system on CD or DVD, consisting of a representative collection of GNU/Linux software, automatic hardware detection, and support for many graphics cards, sound cards, SCSI and USB devices and other peripherals. More information on this page - http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html