Thread: Downgrade - Vista Home Premium to XP

Downgrade - Vista Home Premium to XP

I had a desktop running with Windows XP SP3 since a long time without any problems. But I wanted to use Vista as well hence I formatted XP and installed Vista 64bit though I knew it has compatibility problems. After installation I started facing problem because I faced compatibility problems much more than I expected. So now I wanted to can Microsoft allow me to use the purchased Vista license to temporarily downgrade to XP while the well publicized compatibility issues are addressed? Somebody please Advice. Thank you.

Re: Downgrade - Vista Home Premium to XP

There is no way you can use Vista license key with Windows XP. Infact, you even need a dedicated product keys for separate Vista editions itself. So forget about it and buy a license key for XP. BTW, don’t you have the CD of earlier installed windows XP?

That’s really sounds sad and rude, isn’t it? I mean, I bought Vista for so many dollars and I even lost my XP. Also I would like to go back to XP only for temporary period unless Microsoft fixes the software compatibility issues. And for this temporary period you want me to spend lots more dollar and buy XP. That’s not gonna work BTW.

As far as I know in case your Vista is a retail version, you can request Microsoft for a 32 bit install DVD and use your current product key to install the same but if you have the OEM license then you'd have to purchase Vista 32 bit. So, the license you are using is a OEM or retail version?