Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Can't do partition in windows vista home premium

Vista Setup and Install

Old 09-12-2007

Can't do partition in windows vista home premium

I have Windows Vista installed on my computer and I am trying to do a partition in my primary drive. So, after when I shrink the volume then I get 30gb of unallocated space. After that when I start a new simple volume wizard until the final step then I was getting some error message that says that "The operation you selected will convert basic disk to dynamic disk" and if I select Yes then the operation will not be performed. So I am unable to format the drive and therefore cant use the unallocated space. Does anyone has some suggestions how to do parition in Vista. Thanks for any help.

Old 09-12-2007

Re: Can't do partition in windows vista home premium

I dont think that it is right and therefore I would suggest you to not take any option that involves the conversion to a dynamic disk.
Old 10-12-2007

RE: Can't do partition in windows vista home premium

If you want to create partitions then the best way would be to do that in the beginning of the installation of the operating system. I have got Seagate hard drives and they provide a software to do the partition withing any operating system, whether its Windows XP or Vista.
Old 10-12-2007

Re: Can't do partition in windows vista home premium

You can download a software called EASEUS Partition Manager Home Edition that is a complete tool to perform any type of work on your disks. You can create, resize and format your hard drive partitions at no time. In addition, a multitude of tools at your disposal is given, such as the ability to hide certain partitions, etc. The application is compatible with hard drives in RAID as well.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: ,