Thread: Error reformatting (0x8004240f)

Error reformatting (0x8004240f)

I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop and am running Windows Vista on it. I have a 100gb Sata hard drive which has 10gb recovery partition and the remaining 90gb is main parition where Vista is installed and formatted as NTFS. I was trying to install Windows XP in dual boot with Vista so I tried making another partition. I defragmented my C: drive and I am not able to create a partition bigger than 700 MB. After that I tried to defragment the hard drive with Partition Magic software that has some compatability issues with Vista but it moved some files and then it could not recognize the Vista partition. After that when I closed the software, then I got a blue screen of death and after that I am not able to load Vista again. So I tried to use the recovery options integrated to Vista but it was not able to detect the Vista partition. I am aloe not able to delete or format the Vista parition and cannot resize it, am getting error message 0x8004240f if I try to do the same. Is there anyone who can help me out with this problem.

Re: Error reformatting (0x8004240f)

TeraByte Unlimited has a utility called BootIt Bare Metal which will protect the EMBR area on hard drives in the system against the few ill-behaved Windows programs which unnecessarily modify physical sectors on the hard drive -- most using C_DILLA. A list of known programs is contained in the readme.txt file included with EMBRLock. If you don't have a problem then there is no need to use this utility.

You can try to format or delete the Windows Vista partition, you need to start (boot) your computer using the earlier version of Windows. Formatting a partition deletes the data on the partition but keeps the partition on your computer's hard disk. Deleting a partition results in unallocated disk space on the hard disk. You can create additional partitions from this space, or expand an existing partition so that it can make use of the space.

More information here - http://windows.microsoft.com/is-IS/w...ltiboot-system