Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility runtime error

Vista Setup and Install

Old 12-11-2007

Windows Installer CleanUp Utility runtime error

I have installed Easy Media 10 on my Vista based laptop. But as I don’t require it and want to free up some space, I was trying to delete this using Windows Installer CleanUp Utility. But every time I try doing that, it ends up with “EBScript runtime error” and quits.

Tried getting some help from friends and internet but dint found any. Can anyone here please help me?

Old 12-11-2007

Hey, I too have very similar problem. Mine is with Windows Installer Cleanup Utility installation itself. Whenever am trying to install this utility, it ends up saying:

“Error 800A0046 - Permission Denied”

Any help?
Old 08-07-2008

I had the same problem in getting the installer cleanup utility to work after i installed it 'Run as Admin'. the errror was somethign like error with server referral.

Anyway, I fixed it by trying something similar that I did recently to uninstall both Safari and Quick Time (with both would fail through Add/Remove Programs - dang that Apple). Basically, I just enabled and logged as the local Administrator account (disabled by default after installation), then ran the installation. Voi la! Installed easliy and I removed some old apps that didn't have the option to uninstall thought Add/Remove Programs. The Apple stuff just completed their uninstalls as well without error. I still had to delete the file location and listing in the Programs menu.

And yes, the other account I was previously working under was in the local admins security group. It should of worked. I can't tell you why these things wouldn't work as the other admin account...

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , ,