Thread: Windows Vista Ultimate installation hangs

Windows Vista Ultimate installation hangs

I need some help to deal with Windows Vista Ultimate installation. I am trying to install this but due to some reason the installation fails within some time. The status bar which shows the installation does not end at all. Somehow after a few hours struggles things went fine. The installation was over but there was a black screen on boot. There is no desktop at all.

It looks there is some issue with the hard drive. Is it a SATA or IDE drive. If you are testing the same on SATA then ensure that you have a appropriate sata drivers forthe same or else it would not work. It is recommended that you must use a usb drive to add driver on the same. It will be helpful in many ways. I had faced the issue with the same some time ago.

It looks to be some issue with the DVD that you are using. I was also facing the same kind of issue when I failed to install Vista properly. The issue was due to a improper Vista disc. I tried to contact the seller to get a replacement. Yet I am waiting for the same. I had kept a DVD of beta edition with me. When I used that Vista was installed properly. So I was sure that this is the time to get disc replacement. You must also check that and ensure from the seller that he gave you a proper disk.

Hi guys i have been sitting with this exact same issue for a while now too and i thought it was my pc or my vista cd and after now using a different cd and a completely different pc i still get the exact same issue how the hell is that possible?! the only simliarities between the 2 is that they are both using SATA HDDs. I tried removing my sound card which is the only extra piece of equipment in my case and that did nothing? please guys isn't there someone who knows for sure?

re: Windows Vista Ultimate installation hangs

It is not for sure that only DVD is responsible. I will stick with the reply on requirement of Sata drivers.This happens in many old system where the installation fails. You will need to use the sata drivers to run the proper installation or else it might not work.

but you see the thing is i dont even get the opttion to install a driver or anything i dont even get to select which drive to install to, the installation hangs right the windows Vista load bar with the breen slider before you get any options

Hey the remove PCI TV tuner worked! Thanks a bunch! As for the other issue...you could try making a custom version of the Vista install cd and add your mobo's sata drivers. Just a thought.