Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?

Vista Setup and Install

Old 10-10-2007

Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?

I’m using Windows Vista on a desktop running with Asus Motherboard with latest BIOS installed. Bust still I keep getting an error message saying:

“Error code: 0XC004F059
The Software Licensing Service reported that a license in the computer BIOS is invalid.”

First of all I don’t know how the BIOS License can be related to Vista but still I contacted Asus and they said it is not their problem and suggested me to contact Microsoft for the same.

Do you guys have any idea about this?

Old 10-10-2007

Re: Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?

Are you trying to activate using KMS key? Is it OEM product or the retail edition of Vista? Till you reply with this, I found an article describing the same problem on technet. Hope you will get some help for sure. Check it here technet
Old 10-10-2007

Re: Windows Activation Failed ...... BIOS license ?

Just check this Microsoft Article http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;931573. It says that the issue may occur if any specific system setting is removed when a program runs with administrative credentials. The removal of this system setting may cause a BIOS validation check to fail. The BIOS validation check is part of the system activation process. Therefore, you may be prompted to activate Windows Vista, even though the system did not previously require activation.

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , ,