Thread: Vista Not booting (Black Screen - CRCdisk.sys)

Vista Not booting (Black Screen - CRCdisk.sys)

I had some problems with my computer and therefore had to replace my CPU and motherboard amd after that I have been getting into Vista a few times and all was fine. But just recently, Vista restarted and now it will not boot at all. All I am getting is a black screen after the BIOS screen? Sometimes I am getting the boot options to choose safe mode and when I do that then I can see the drivers loading but it then stops at crcdisk.sys. I have already tried to boot fron the Vista setup disk but the screen goes no further after "Windows is loading files" screen. Can anyone please help me in this situation. Thanks

Have you tried removing the extra hard drive if you have any and just try to boot with boot hard drive and see if that works. Also, you will need to check for a new Sata drivers incase if you have Sata hard drive and install them on your pc and then you can add the other hard drive back in your pc. You can get the drivers from the official hard drive manufacturer's website for sure.

Re: Vista Not booting (Black Screen - CRCdisk.sys)

Thanks for your wonderful suggestions, you have made my day. I followed your instructions by removing the 2nd hard drive and then also removed my soundcard and booted off the setup dvd successfully. I have also done a system restore and booted into Vista and there is no black screen anymore on my pc. Thanks once again.

Even I am facing similar kind of problems. I have dell machine and on it I am running Windows Vista and when I turn on my laptop then it loads to the password screen and then all of a sudden it gives me blank screen and only just the mouse cursor is visible and nothing else. Can anyone please help me out as well.

Re: Vista Not booting (Black Screen - CRCdisk.sys)

Can you try to start the computer in Low resolution mode as this can be caused if the display adapter is failing to load the drivers, for that follow the below suggestions:

1. First of all restart your computer if it is powered on.
    2. After that Tap the F8 key after your computer initially powers on.
    3. Now you have to go to the Advanced Boot Options menu you can stop tapping.
    4. After that use the up/down arrow keys to highlight your selection.
    5. Simply just select Low Resolution mode.

It is possible that you will have to install the drivers for the display adapter if it works fine in this mode.