Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Error code 2738 while installing Quicktime or iTunes on Vista

Vista Setup and Install

Old 14-08-2007

Error code 2738 while installing Quicktime or iTunes on Vista

Whenever I try to install iTunes I am getting a Error 2738 on my screen. The same kind of error also appears when I try to add Quicktime. I am using a Windows Vista system and I have to sync my friend ipod with the system. But I cannot install as I am getting error 2738 while running the installation. Any one got solution for this.

Old 30-08-2007

The error is due to vbscript engine. You can download that from apple website. Before that you can run the setup with one more thing. You can try running the same in admin account if you are not doing that. The error also appears when the setup is run in limited user account. If the error is not resolved it is better you install vbscript engine and then check back.
Old 31-12-2008

re: Error code 2738 while installing Quicktime or iTunes on Vista

I sat in front of my computer trying to install qt7 for 2 hours cause it was needed for my cell . grrrrr i was about to give up itill I found your post , thank you so much I recommend all who are having this prob. and want to toss there comp with its pathetic vista lol out the window to try it.

Thanks again
Old 07-01-2009

re: Error code 2738 while installing Quicktime or iTunes on Vista

I spent ages trying different forums looking for a response to this question.

Many Thanks Davo

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: , ,