Thread: iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium

iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium

I have bought a new pc which cam preinstalled with Windows Vista on it. I have also got an apple ipod and for that I am trying to install the iTunes 7.2 on my Vista system. I have downloaded the software but when I am trying to run it then it tells me that "iTunesSetup.exe has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I have also downloaded the program many times but nothing is working. I have also checked for the latest updates for Vista but still no go. Can anyone please help me out. Thanks

Re: iTunes 7.2 installation on Vista Home Premium

If the latest VBScript engine is already installed, register it again. Note that you must be logged in as administrator or logged in as a user with administrator privileges for the computer to execute these steps.

1. In the Start menu, type cmd in the Start Search field.

2. Right-click on cmd in the list of search results and click Run as administrator in the pop-up menu. If Windows needs your permission to continue, click Continue. (If you are not logged in as an administrator, you will need to authenticate with an administrator login and password.)

3. In the Command Prompt window, enter the following command:

regsvr32 vbscript.dll

4. Press Enter on the keyboard. A message should appear stating: "DllRegisterServer in vbscript.dll succeeded."

Note: If you see a message with "error code 0x80004005", the command window was not opened as an administrator.

5. Click OK and try installing iTunes or QuickTime again.

More information here - http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1331

I have already tried to register the Visual basic script but that doesnt seems to solve the issue. Is there any other solution. Thanks for the replies

It might be an issue with the Vista UAC that you need to turn off, for same follow the below steps:

1. First of all open the start menu, and then click on your User picture.
    2. After that when the User Accounts window comes up then click on "Turn User Account Control On or Off". If it's off, then turn it on. If it's on, turn it off.
    3. Then try installing itunes again, using the "Run as Administrator" by right-clicking on the .exe file. The run as administrator is important when doing an install.