| || |
Join Date: Nov 2005
Re: Remote Desktop Web Connection for Vista
Follow the below method to get Remote Desktop Web Connection working in
Windows Vista Ultimate:
- First of all you have to go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, Turn Windows features on or off.
- After that you need to go to Internet Information Services and select the check boxes for Web Management Tools and World Wide Web Services. [Web Management Tools installs IIS 6.0 which is needed for the following download; there is also some feature in World Wide Web Services that is needed, but I haven't isolated it yet, so select everything for now]
- After that you can install tswebsetup.exe from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...DisplayLang=en
- Now you have to go to C: Program Data, Microsoft, Windows, Start Menu, Programs, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager [NOT IIS 6.0 Manager]
- After that you need to expand your computer name, expand Web Sites and click on Default Web Site
- Then on the right side of the screen under Edit Site, click Bindings and then click on the web site and click Edit
- After that change the port number to your preferred port designation
- Now you can go under Manage Server on the same screen, Start the service
- After that kust set-up your router and firewall to accept your designated port and you are done.