Thread: Installation Vista error-ntldr is missing

Installation Vista error-ntldr is missing

When i am trying to installation windows vista on my machine then i am getting an error message saying "Missing ntldr". I have tried using CTRL+ALT+DELETE for rebooting the system and checking out Boot priority and it is already set to CD rom. Any ideas what might be wrong? is this ntldr missing from dvd?

I wanted to know if you are making a clean installation of Vista or you are installing it over xp? as far as i am aware NTLDR is not a part of Vista and is not required for its installation.Since you are getting it i guess it is getting triggered by poorly-migrated former WinXP installation, that's why i asked you if you are doing clean installation or not.

Are you sure that NTLDR is not a part of Vista and is not required for its installation? i mean i am facing same thing when i am trying to reinstall vista on my laptop, i am not having xp installed on it, it came preinstalled with 64-bit Windows Vista. If you say that NTLDR is vista then why i am getting this error message?

Re: Installation Vista error-ntldr is missing

akumageorges i am with you, i mean even i am having windows vista installed in my system and i am reinstalling it as it is running slow. My system is having single partition system, it was working well before but from some weeks it has started running quite slow. I am not getting any error but i cannot work on it like that. I had reinstalled windows vista previously using other dvd and i didn't had any issue but i am not able to make out whats going wrong with the current vista dvd, that's why i asked if ntldr is missing from dvd?

Re: Installation Vista error-ntldr is missing

I have an ntdlr ctl alt del battle about to go down on my sister's old vista hp9000.