Thread: How to change Windows Vista language on Thinkpad

How to change Windows Vista language on Thinkpad

I am using a Thinkpad laptop. It came with Windows Vista Business edition in it. It came pre-installed. The issue is that when I turned it on, the language was swedish. I want to change that to Vista, but I am not aware how to do that. I need some help on it. Thanks.

You can try running system recovery. When you boot it will show you to press some key to launch recovery. It will allow you to get back the original state of your system. I am sure the time when you had purchased that, it came with English layout only. Also try to see some video on youtube on how to change vista language. You can easily figure out the process by looking on the icons and steps.

You can download Vista language pack from web. This pack comes with English language. All you need to do is to install this first and then in go in Control Panel > Regional language > and choose English from here. The only issue with this is that your system language still remains swedish. Whatever new software you will install with show you swedish setup. You must run recovery and choose English on the boot. If that option is not provided then I think you are using the swedish edition of Windows Vista.

re: How to change Windows Vista language on Thinkpad

Cool program!

Although it seems Windows Update does not work while in another language. Only switching back to the install language does it work. Not a critical defect I guess, just need to remember to switch the language back once a month to update.