Thread: Windows Vista 64bit missing CD/DVD Drivers error on steup

Windows Vista 64bit missing CD/DVD Drivers error on steup

I got a iso dvd of Windows Vista Beta x64. I am getting error while installing the same. Whenever I try to run the setup I am getting a error on the screen saying that the CD/DVD drive driver is missing. It is asking me to insert the driver cd on the same. The setup is stucked on this.

I am too getting the same kind of error on my system also. I am trying to upgrade Windows Vista ver XP. But that does not work. This is a bit weird kind of problem in the system. The drives are installed and they are detected by XP, but still Vista ask for drivers. What kind of drivers does it is looking for. After going through some articles on web I was able to find the problem. It lies with EIDE channel. You will need to put the drive on IDE channel and things will went back to normal.

This are related to some internal atapi drivers. You can find the drivers from web and install that in the usb drive. When you run the setup it will ask you for the drivers. You can use the usb drive to load the dvd drivers and it will work. Just check your system specification properly and then check whether it works or not. It is one the best way to fix the issue.