Thread: Blue Screen'in While Installing Vista Ultimate!

Blue Screen'in While Installing Vista Ultimate!

I was having a Windows XP Desktop since many years. Finally decided to update it Vista hence bought Vista Disk with product key. When I tried first to install Vista, suddenly I got a Blue Screen while loading the setup saying to prevent damage and there were no error code. I did another attempt, this time on 2nd Sata HDD but again it ended up with Blue Screen.

Third time I removed my Lan cable from the system and ran the setup, surprisingly Vista installed comfortably. But it was until I restarted the system. On the very first restart, itself I got a Black Screen where system freeze for about 2 minutes and ended up with blue screen again. There is counterfeit problem because I checked the product keys on Microsoft and it is legal. If my system configuration matters with this, then here is the same:
    • INTEL QX6700
    • Asus P5N E SLI
    • Asus Geforce 7600 GS
    • 4 GB DD2 PC2-6400 800Mhz 240PIN Samsung RAM
    • 2 x 500 GB WD SATA HD
    • 2 x Samsung SH-S138A DVD RW
    • Creative Audigy 2 ZS

Finally I removed everything and installed Windows XP again and is working fine. But I bought Vista and want to use it. Do anyone of you have any idea what is going wrong and how can I fix it? Please help.

Re: Blue Screen'in While Installing Vista Ultimate!

Your system configurations looks good to me and Vista should not have any problem with the same. But still, as Vista is not getting installed, I would suggest you to better run the Vista Compatibility tool and see what it says. You can download the same from here http://technet2.microsoft.com/Window....mspx?mfr=true .

RE: Blue Screen'in While Installing Vista Ultimate!

I don’t think there is any compatibility problem with Vista and your system. But you need to do a little trick. First of all, just put 2GB of RAM and start the setup. Also during the installation, when it asks for Product key, don’t enter it, just mark the option for activating later and complete the installation. Just make sure your system is not connected with the internet during this process. Once installation is finished, enter product key and activate.

See everything goes smoothly.