Thread: HID Non-User Input Data Filter

HID Non-User Input Data Filter

I am having some conflicts after installing the HID Non-User Input Data Filter that was an optional update with the ATI Catalyst Drivers for the video card that I have. I am also getting random blue screen of death when booting Windows Vista 64 bit which is running on my computer. So, can anyone tell me what to do to get this conflicts with the HID and the video drivers to get resolved?

This problem may occur because of a startup program that is installed with the CyberLink PowerDVD software or the CyberLink PowerCinema software. The PCMService.exe program starts when the computer starts and interaction at some level between this and the Wireless receiver prevents the computer from becoming idle. Therefore, the screen saver and the other idle-related features do not start. To fix your issue, go to this link - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913405

I have been getting this problem lately but now I have solved it. Just go to Control Panel >> system >> hardware >> device manager >> human interface devices >> HID NON-USER INPUT DATA and then right click on it and select update driver. Once you have done that, test to see if it is working be setting the screen saver for 1-2 minutes and it will definitely work.

I have tried going to the HID compliant device on my computer and then right clicked on it to update then it said that the driver was up to date already. Is there any other solutions for this problem?