Go Back   TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Add another os into Vista boot loader after vista install ?

Vista Setup and Install

Old 01-04-2007

Add another os into Vista boot loader after vista install ?

As my title suggests, I want to add one more OS in the Vista boot menu. This computer is running with Windows VIsta and I want o add XP this time. Is it possible? If yes, please tell me how?

Thank you very much.

Old 01-04-2007

Re: Add another os into Vista boot loader after vista install ?

Did you tried doing it once and you got any problem? Iím asking this because windows Vista does this automatically. You need to add boot loader manually. As vista is already installed, just create a new partition and install XP on the same. While booting up after installation you will find XP already listed in the boot menu.
Old 01-04-2007

Yeah, that is absolutely correct. Vista do it itself. But if in case you face any problem in booting XP than you just need to copy ntldr, ntdetect.com, Boot.ini files onto Vista partition and select this partition in EasyBCD as XP boot partition. This is what I have experienced personally.
Old 04-04-2007

Thanks for your help guys. But what if I face booting Vista after installing XP? Is there any working workout for the same instead of reinstalling the entire OS?
Old 04-04-2007

yes, there is a working solution for the same. You will not required to re-install the operating system again. Just check out and follow the steps mentioned in this KB if you face problem with booting vista after installing XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/919529

TechArena Community > Technical Support > Computer Help > Windows Vista > Vista Setup and Install
Tags: ,